Hi friends I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas & Holiday season! I talked last week about if I was going to carry on with Project Life, That emotion of feeling "done" was real and it was really hard to admit to my self Thinking that I lost interest in something I loved so much. I explained that I just needed to sit and wait and hear myself go through that feeling. You maybe in the same boat or total opposite and thinking what's the big deal? I know that for me Project Life has brought so much happiness to me as I look back at all the weeks months and years I documented, but it can "change" too ... I need to remember that it's just for us ( my family and I ). Telling our story in Layers of years passing, Telling stories + looking back will be the same - but the changes that I am making is what I heard in my own thoughts. I was ready to change up the album again ... after switching from 12x12 to 9x12 last year and loving the new size ... I am switching it again,
This year I am going to make the change to 6x8, I am thinking now (prematurely maybe) that this size will be it for me here on out. I love that this size is so more compact and versatile ... I can take it on trips or work etc. in my purse without the lugging around of 12x12. I have been thinking about this for a few months now and know that this size will help me minimize my spreads and - I might also struggle with the downsizing we will wait and see. I look forward to continue telling our story.
I want to be able to take this anywhere the size helps with that, it's very easy to carry around + I can easily pack up these supplies and go if need be. Here are a list of supplies I plan on using for Documenting 2016.
1.The binders 6x8 are both Becky Higgins brands (first photo at top of the post)
2.These 6x8 page protectors design 4 + design 3 are also becky Higgins brand - I also have Simple Stories 2x2 pocket pages in the album already set up. I am already anticipating that I might need to use Simple stories Flip pockets that the clear ones to the right int the photo above. I have used these in other project's and love them so I know they will be good use.
3. The trimmer, I am downsizing to this 4x6 trimmer from Darcie. I have been using the Fiskars 12x 4 trimmer these past 6 years and still use it although it has been broken for some time now ... I will still use that one for larger papers but plan on mainly using this one for photo trimming (love that it's very compact).
4. More trimming will be done with these scissors the Westcott is available at Staples and the Cutter bee is available at Michaels craft stores. You can never have too many scissors.
4. Adhesive roller - This year I am using Home and hobby e-z runner this is new for me but already like how it works ... handle is great and surprisingly it's very light.
5. Still loving my Tim Holtz Tiny attacher stapler for various jobs and projects.
6. Stamps - I am a big fan of stamps both physical and digital form ... I plan on using what I have on hand in my stash, maybe picking up a few new ones.
7. Wood Veneers - Also still very much loving these. I find that supplies are hard to come by now so I will try not to hoard these all year.
8. Numbers - Here is a peek at my set up in Album so far, I love to set up the Albums each year in advance just to be more prepared and more "ready" this year (2015) I used my Stendig calendar numbers as to mark the weeks - This next year (2016) I am continuing that but mixing up the numbers a bit to fit the week here above you can see through the page protectors to the weeks numbers and to my surprise I love that they are all mixed in size or font - I created these in PS. Although these numbers are "ready" i'm keeping things flexible and allowing for changes along the way if it feels right.
So there is all is my Project Life 2016 Ready to go! I am very much re-focused and invested in this project once again ... I know that the changes that I made to the book and the fact that I took a little step back for me to reconnect with this project, deciding to not join any creative teams (grateful for all the ones I've joined in past years) this year and just tell our story ... makes me all that much more excited to document another year! Thanks for all your support!!