It's that time of year again, Week in the Life! Project created by my friend Ali Edwards who has been doing WITL for ten years now you can find out more info & how to order this kit on her site here. I highly recommend doing this project if you have never tried before, it is a great way to look at your everyday life from the "outside looking in" aspect. This year Ali set the date for August 17 2015 - August 23 2015.
The gear for this week is much the same of my regular everyday documenting, I do however plan on trying to use more of my big camera but still capturing things on my iphone 4s as that is my go to camera in general. I use my iphone 4s about 80% if not higher for PL it's a little higher this year but hoping to get a good mix of both for this project. It really doesn't matter what kind of camera you have to do this project - just that you take photos.
The kit! This year I purchased the kit from Ali and that is different for me because I like to "make" my own albums and through in papers and embellishments that I find, What made me change it up this year? THE KIT! Really it had everything I was looking for and more the design was PERFECT & well it saved me a ton of prep time.
Here is a shot of the whole kit opened up and this for me is the YES let's do this moment, The part where I get to dive in & make this a book! There are two album choices and I adored the "text" cover for me so here we go.
I am a big fan of the paper as always, but really the colours and the ... well the designs I love it and don't think I will need to add much to this kit at all.
Making it your own - as this is a kit and thousands will purchase the same one, you can still make it your own. I jumped right in with no pre plans on how I would take this on but once opened and had everything in my sight ... I quickly grabbed cut, stapled, trimmed, trimmed again and just kept going ....those transparent dividers up above got cut up and I am using them as 3x4 & 4x6 transparencies.
The pocket that all our supplies came in was cut down to 2x2 & I used the day text portion of it for the front cover - I am using the 6x8 full page that is divided into 2x2 pockets as the cover page and end page.
The days from the transparent dividers I decided to cut them off and stapled to a trimmed down 6x8 with two 4x6 pockets to just one 4x6 and Stapled it back to the top.
Here is a closer look on how I am setting up my "layout" for the album, I love having this part all ready to "go" it is a huge time saver for later once you have all your photo's + that can be even more overwhelming.
1. The "opening page" or the starting off photo - this is a full 6x8 in this day (Wednesday) I might go full 6x8 or place a template from Ali's set - option is open.
2. The 3x8 divider pockets that came with the kit, I am making those into the week's title page this one has the day on top and paper on the bottom ... but for other days I am adding in a full 3x8 photo in there.
3. This is the 6x8 with two 4x6 pockets that I trimmed down and made one single 4x6 pocket. Either journaling or photo will go into this one.
4. This is another 6x8 with four 3x4 pockets that I cut down to two 3x4 pockets for more journaling and photo's.
5. The "end page" for this day will go into these 3x4 pockets. You can see one of the transparencies I cut down top right with a wood veneer on top for good measure.
So far this works for me in the album and once we get to that point of adding in the photo's + words I don't think too much will change up.
Title page - 6x8 with 2x2 pockets and transparencies, I also added in a sticker from my kit the page.
There it is all ready to go next week - I know that for me this project on top of the PL documenting is so very rewarding, it's more in depth, more detailed and different in it's own way even though stories will be double told and shared in both books ... that's ok I want to remember all of it - from all views.